Cervical osteochondrosis (CS) causes a large number of unsafe complications, the most serious of which is disability and continued deterioration. Therefore, you should not ignore the new signs of the disease and go to the doctor's office immediately. Only timely treatment can avoid unpleasant consequences.
Cervical osteochondrosis is a very unpleasant disease, and even the brain can be affected.
Reasons for development
Pathology often occurs in old age, but this does not mean that everyone will have cervical osteochondrosis in old age. According to observations, the main causes of the disease are:
- A sedentary lifestyle;
- Improper workplace organization;
- Excess weight;
- Stress, nervousness;
- Autoimmune diseases, which occur due to muscular dystrophy;
- Congenital diseases of the spine;
- Often hypothermia.
There is no clear standard for the manifestation of this symptom in cervical osteochondrosis, but according to the nature of the condition, it can be determined which disease is the consequence of this symptom. Vertigo distinction:
- Systematic. When the surrounding objects seem to be moving in a circle (symptoms of osteochondrosis).
- Unsystematic. There is no feeling of circular motion, but symptoms of dizziness, darkening of the eyes, and nausea (cardiovascular pathology) may occur.
With the development of cervical thoracic osteochondrosis, dizziness is the result of the following reasons:
- Spasms of veins and arteries in the brain;
- Clamp the blood vessels of the cervical spine;
- Dysfunction of vestibular organs.
This symptom is more common in women with c6-c7 disc herniation. Pathology is obvious or bothers you regularly. In this case, it will be impossible to determine the cause of pain independently and correctly. Therefore, in order to rule out arterial hypertension, angina pectoris, cardiovascular failure, and stroke, it is important to conduct diagnostic research and ask the doctor for an accurate diagnosis.
Discomfort in other parts of the body
Cervical osteochondrosis is characterized by pain in different parts, and the symptoms can be severe or moderate.
Troubled by pain in various parts of the neck, shoulders and upper limbs. Muscle cramps mostly occur in the morning and disappear gradually during physical activity. Show typical feelings of disease:
- Low back pain and dull neck pain;
- Squeaking and crackling when turning the neck;
- Muscle weakness, numbness, and goose bumps are particularly noticeable when c4-c6 intervertebral disc herniation.
With the displaced cervical osteochondrosis, blood pressure fluctuations are often disturbed because the vertebrae of the neck penetrate many nerve fibers, blood vessels, and blood vessels. Due to their compression, blood circulation is disturbed, so the pressure rises or falls. The symptoms are as follows:
- The chest is heavy and cannot fully inhale;
- Numbness in the neck;
- The health condition deteriorates after stress, physical activity, and prolonged uncomfortable posture.
The first stage
Cervical osteochondrosis at this stage is manifested by pathological changes in the intervertebral disc, loss of elasticity, strength, drying and size reduction. The fiber ring is full of cracks. Stage 1 cervical lesions, the situation is still satisfactory, because the symptoms are not particularly disturbing, but the neck is sore when I get up in the morning.
If the signs of cervical osteochondrosis are neglected at the initial stage and the patient refuses treatment, then Grade 2 SHOP will occur, and the pathological symptoms will progress rapidly. The intervertebral disc gradually collapsed, and there was a small dislocation of the cervical spine. The second stage of the disease is characterized by "head falling" syndrome, severe pain and discomfort are disturbed, the patient needs to keep the head in a fixed position, which can relieve the health condition.
Cervical osteochondrosis in the final stage shows obvious symptoms. Due to these diseases, a herniated disc or a hernia may occur, and the patient's voice will change. Adam’s apple is located in a man, and there is a lump in his throat, which makes it difficult for a person to swallow. In addition, the characteristics of pathology are:
- Severe headache
- Dizziness and nausea;
- Neck and back pain;
- The development of a complication called cervical spondylotic myelopathy.
In the final stage, the intervertebral disc is completely destroyed and connective tissue is formed in its place.Observe a person:
- Violation of vestibular organs;
- Migraine and dizziness;
- Noise in your ears;
- Visual impairment.
There are such symptom complexes:
- heart. In performance, it is similar to the pathology of the cardiovascular system. The patient complained of the following signs:
- Burning sensation in the chest;
- Shortness of breath;
- Deterioration of general health;
- Spine. If you are worried about the signs of this syndrome, it means that the bones and cartilage of the neck are affected. The pathological changes of the vertebrae and intervertebral discs are clearly visible on the X-ray film. The person is worried about:
- Neck mobility problems;
- Uncomfortable when moving.
- Vertebral artery syndrome. In this case, the pathology affects the veins and arteries that pass through the neck area and supplies the necessary substances to the brain. Due to the compression of blood vessels, the blood supply of gray matter is insufficient. The patient is worried:
- Severe migraine;
- Partial loss of sight and hearing;
- High blood pressure;
- Density deteriorated.
- extreme. Due to this violation, 1 of the 8 pairs of spinal nerve roots is affected, and the body is mainly affected on one side. With this syndrome, when the sensitivity is completely lost, severe pain can be disturbed or paralyzed.
If you do not start treatment for cervical osteochondrosis in time, you are at risk of the following complications:
- IRR and constant voltage surge;
- Violation of vestibular organs;
- Thyroid pathology;
- High blood pressure or low blood pressure;
A neurologist must be visited first to help diagnose osteochondrosis. In order to accurately determine the form and stage of the disease, and to find out the cause of the development, the patient is sent to the following diagnostic measures:
- CT and MRI.
In order to restore the affected area and reduce the accompanying symptoms, a comprehensive treatment of cervical osteochondrosis is prescribed. Patients need to take special medicines, follow the doctor’s advice, and undergo physical therapy. But if such a program does not bring results, the pathology in this case will be treated with the help of surgical intervention.
Drugs for treating cervical osteochondrosis
If the diagnosis indicates that the disease has not yet started, medication is prescribed. The best medicine is selected by the doctor according to the individual characteristics of the patient's body. With the help of the drugs listed in the following table, it is possible to cure cervical osteochondrosis:
|Anti-inflammatory (medicine||Help relieve pain and reduce inflammation|
|Chondroprotective agent||Restore cartilage tissue|
|Muscle relaxants||Relax your muscles|
|Topical ointments and creams||Eliminate pain symptoms and improve nutrition|
|Vitamin and mineral complex||Improve overall health|
Effective pathological treatments include exercise therapy. Thanks to a set of exercises, it is possible to normalize the blood supply of cartilage and bone tissue, thereby restoring damaged parts of the body. Follow the following rules:
- Exercise steadily, without sudden movements;
- The loading duration does not exceed 1. 5-2 minutes;
- The first class should be supervised by experts.
Cervical osteochondrosis can be treated by the following procedures:
- Magnetic therapy
- Laser Treatment.
Massage and manual therapy
It is recommended that a course of massage treatment be carried out at the stage when the disease has just appeared. But even in the late form of treatment, this event brought relief to the patient. The massage is carried out in stages, including:
This procedure is performed by a specially trained therapist, otherwise the condition will worsen.
The following recipes are effective for cervical osteochondrosis:
- cabbage. Apply the heated cabbage leaves to the affected area overnight. Cover the sore area with a wool scarf.
- potato. Use raw potatoes to make gruel, mix it with honey, and make a compressed product with finished ointment.
- Salt and sand. Mix the ingredients, warm up, put it in a bag, and apply to the painful area.
When is surgery needed?
If conservative and adjuvant treatments do not work, then surgical treatment is prescribed. Surgery is performed to remove bone formation and disc herniation, followed by anterior cervical fusion. During the recovery period, it is recommended to wear Shants collar. But surgery does not guarantee a complete recovery from the disease.
The signs of cervical osteochondrosis are obvious, so disturbing discomfort and deterioration of health will not go unnoticed during the disease. It is important not to miss the initial symptoms of osteochondrosis, because in the later stages, medical treatment is not always helpful. In order to prevent pathology, it is important to monitor your health, eat correctly, get rid of bad habits, and drink 6-8 tablespoons a day. water. When the first symptoms appear, do not self-medicate, but see a doctor and treat the problem.