Osteochondrosis is a degenerative disease. Due to the degeneration process, the structure of the intervertebral joints and intervertebral discs is disturbed, causing compression of the vertebral roots.The inflammatory process causes severe pain; if chronically ill, the function of internal organs may be impaired.Abnormal metabolism of the intervertebral disc is very painful, so it is very important to understand everything about osteochondrosis: what it is and how to treat spinal osteochondrosis.
The nature of osteochondrosis
To understand the essence of spinal disease treatment, you need to know what osteochondrosis is. The core of the disease is the violation of vertebrae and intervertebral disc nutrition.Intervertebral disc chondropathy can cause changes in the correct structure of all tissues (parts of the spine). The loss of elasticity, shape, and consistency of the cartilage disc results in a decrease in the distance between adjacent vertebrae. Instability can cause nerve root compression, which is caused by the narrowing of the hole through which the nerve root passes, tight muscles and pain in the back. This is the appearance of osteochondrosis.
Progressive osteochondrosis shows signs of complications in the form of herniation and vertebral hernia. In the future, intervertebral disc chondropathy will cause degenerative changes in the spinal facet joints and intervertebral ligaments. Due to the growth of bones, the flexibility of the cylinder is lost, and subluxation and bending begin to appear. Generally, such processes are characteristic of physiological aging in the human body, but the disease also affects young people. Therefore, almost all people are concerned about how to deal with osteochondrosis. For this, you should find out the cause of the disease.
There are many factors that contribute to the development of osteochondrosis. The formation of the vascular bed starts from the intervertebral disc, and its nutrition occurs according to the principle of diffusion.It is this factor that prevents the reproduction of the disc under excessive stress and injury. A person often complains of back pain. The cause of osteochondrosis is directly related to people's wrong lifestyle.
- Malnutrition or inappropriate. The intervertebral disc does not receive nutrition and begins to thin and deform.
- Disease of the musculoskeletal system, worsening posture, flat feet.
- Damage is a very common cause of osteochondrosis. Minor spinal injuries are caused by blows, falls, irregularities, sudden movements, and too much pressure. Macroscopic trauma caused by fractures and severe contusions.
- Infectious diseases, intoxicated.
- Stress and smoking can cause vasospasm. Genetics influence the onset of the disease.
- Climatic factors in the form of cold and air humidity.
The main cause of osteochondrosis is the unbalanced load distribution of the spine and weak muscle waist. People over 30 are at the greatest risk, especially if their work involves sitting for long periods of time. In order to find out how to get rid of osteochondrosis, you need to understand the path of development of osteochondrosis, the stage of damage to the spine during the disease.
What causes osteochondrosis?Due to the above-mentioned negative factors, the disease has begun to develop and has gone through multiple stages of development.This:
- In the first stage, the intervertebral disc chondropathy due to the dehydration of the nucleus pulposus of the intervertebral disc begins. Its shape changes and becomes flatter. The distance between the vertebrae decreases, and cracks gradually appear on the cartilage.
- In the second stage, abnormal movement of the vertebral bodies is observed, they can move and slide down. Due to the small gap between the intervertebral discs, the ligaments and muscle equipment sag, and the movement is unstable.
- The degenerative repair of the spine begins. Bone spines, osteophytes form between the vertebrae. This is how the body adapts to the unnatural state of the spine. Gradually, the number of bones grows more and the vertebrae are almost completely fixed. At this stage, surgical intervention may be required to treat osteochondrosis.
The most common classification is based on the affected part.
- Lumbar region. The most common variant of the disease. The part that appears on the back bears the main load, so an intervertebral hernia may occur.
- The signs of cervical osteochondrosis are caused by the underdevelopment of the neck muscles. Even small loads can cause vertebrae to deform.
- The symptoms of sternal osteochondrosis do not appear as often as the first two. This part is the most immobile, in addition, it has protection in the form of ribs and corsets. The result of the development of scoliosis indicates that osteochondrosis has occurred.
- The spine is the first to bear the brunt of the spine, chest and abdominal organs. It is most common in women and is characterized by problems with the lower limbs.
- Extensive symptoms of osteochondrosis will immediately show up in two parts of the spine.
The signs of osteochondrosis depend on the location of the pathological process. How osteochondrosis manifests is an interesting question.The degree of pain can range from mild to severe, even intolerable na.Symptoms and treatment are closely related. First help to understand how and how to treat osteochondrosis of the back. The main symptoms of the disease depend on its location:
- Cervical problems are characterized by dizziness, blurred vision, and severe eye fatigue. There is pain in the neck, shoulders, arms, and head. Turning the neck will aggravate the pain. The patient noticed numbness in the skin of the face, neck and hands. Spots may appear in front of the eyes. In addition, due to the symptoms of cervical circulatory disorders and vertebral artery syndrome, they often lose consciousness.
Diagnosis and treatment
After discovering the symptoms of osteochondrosis, treat it according to the diagnosis.After examining and questioning the patient, the attending neurologist announces the preliminary diagnosis. In addition, the use of instrument diagnostic methods: CT-computed tomography, MRI-magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasound Doppler, X-ray, myelography. A thorough examination helps to determine the accompanying complications of vertebral osteochondrosis: hernia, sciatica, herniation, hunchback.
Can osteochondrosis be cured?The treatment of osteochondrosis of the spine is a long and gradual process. The length of treatment depends on the age of the patient, the severity of osteochondrosis of the spine, the treatment method and the patient's compliance with all doctors' recommendations.Before fighting the disease, you should be familiar with the main directions of treatment and learn how to treat osteochondrosis:
- Surgical treatment;
- Health resort.
As mentioned earlier, the doctor should decide how to treat osteochondrosis of the spine. Depending on the severity of the disease, conservative treatment or surgical treatment can be used. In the development of particularly severe, neglected diseases, decisions about surgical intervention are required. Basically, a comprehensive treatment of osteochondrosis is used. Medicines from different industries are used together with medical technology.
In the initial stage, effective treatment of osteochondrosis aims to eliminate pain. The patient wears a special corset to relieve pressure on the spine. For medical treatment, physical therapy. The next step is to take measures to prevent the deterioration of vertebral osteochondrosis. The most effective methods are used-physical therapy exercises, massage, reflexology.
The drug is designed to eliminate pain and inflammation, activate the regeneration of cartilage tissue and improve the blood circulation of the affected tissue.Main treatment drugs:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. NVP can relieve pain, relieve inflammation, and lower the temperature of diseased tissues in the spine. If the symptoms are obvious, prescribe medications such as mimidazole sodium, diclofenac, and meloxicam twice a day. After that, the transition to tablets form drugs: ibuprofen, paracetamol, nimesulide. The entire treatment process lasts from ten days to one month. Withdraw money 1 to 4 times a day. You can also apply ibuprofen, nimesulide, and diclofenac sodium cream to the skin of the diseased spine.
- Muscle relaxants. Reduce excessive muscle tone by relaxing striated muscle fibers. They are applied within a month. In severe cases, an injectable form of the drug-tolperisone hydrochloride was prescribed. Next, use tablets: tolperisone hydrochloride, baclofen, tizanidine. The program starts with a small dose, gradually increases to treatment, and then gradually decreases until cancelled.
- Cartilage protector. It aims to improve the metabolism of osteochondrosis (chondroitin sulfate) and the regeneration of cartilage tissue. There are intramuscular injections and intra-articular injections. The treatment process can last up to four months.
There are other medicines that can help speed up the healing process:Vitamin B1, B2, B6, E are prescribed in the form of injection during the ten-day course of treatment, which can improve the conduction of nerve impulses, promote tissue regeneration and promote metabolism; Digoxin tablets, dipyridamole and the injectable form of the drug pentoxifylline
Physical therapy can activate the healing process, prolong the remission phase, and prevent new exacerbations.The best physical therapy methods include:
To treat osteochondrosis of the spine, manual therapy, magnetic therapy, spine traction, laser therapy, heat therapy, mud therapy, shock wave therapy, shower and bath therapy are also used.All these methods significantly reduce the rate of disease progression. The duration of a course is fifteen days at most. The course is repeated three to four times a year. A comprehensive treatment can help permanently eliminate the deterioration of osteochondrosis.
I must say that this question is often asked whether folk remedies can be used to treat osteochondrosis. No, but the main treatment method can help relieve the disease, and the method should be agreed with the attending doctor. The troublesome area of the back can be treated by infusion and friction. To do this, mix one cup of honey with half a cup of radish juice. Add one hundred grams of vodka. After stirring, the product should be fully rubbed into the diseased area of the spine twice a day.
Another injection is worth doing. Therefore, pour 500 grams of vodka into a glass of lilac flowers. Place it in an airtight container for ten days. The filtered medicinal infusion was rubbed into the affected area.
This problem should not occur when facing osteochondrosis for the first time. The first step is to see a doctor who knows everything about osteochondrosis. Treatment is a rather laborious and long process, accompanied by a person's pain and inactivity. Whether it is possible to cure osteochondrosis-due to many factors, this question is still unresolved. After the acute symptoms are resolved, you need to continue to care for your spine. The fight against disease must remain unchanged. People who overcome bad habits will get a healthy and strong spine in return.