A common disease that affects the spine is lower back rickets (chondropathy): this disease manifests as negative changes in the state of the intervertebral discs, deformation and gradual destruction.Osteochondrosis is the initial stage of the development of osteochondrosis. If improperly treated, it can cause serious back problems. In the early stages, the disease is usually asymptomatic, but later there is pain, difficulty in movement, and muscle leakage. Symptoms and treatment, diagnosis and prevention of rickets will be discussed below.
The cause of the problem
Lower back rickets can occur in the following situations:
- Disturbance in posture causes uneven load distribution on the spine.
- Heavy physical work, irregular loads and a generally sedentary lifestyle.
- Muscle corset.
- Lumbar hypothermia.
- Long-term immobility, sedentary lifestyle, long-term driving.
- Cardiovascular and endocrine system diseases.
- Metabolism problems.
- Congenital or recent pathology of the musculoskeletal system.
- Professional sports activities that involve heavy work.
The symptoms of lumbar spine chondropathy do not appear immediately and need to be treated as soon as possible. It is more common in people over 50, lack of exercise, stress and overweight people. Persistent postural disorders can cause malnutrition of the intervertebral discs, and lack of nutrients and vitamins in the diet can weaken the musculoskeletal system. Another problem that may increase the risk is wearing high heels or shoes that are too high: this cause usually leads to rickets during sex.
Symptoms of Lumbar Chondrosis
A typical symptom of this problem is pain syndrome, which mainly focuses on the lumbar spine, bones and lower limbs.
Other symptoms of the disease:
- Numbness in the leg muscles.
- Problems with organs in the genitourinary system, radiating pain.
- Severe cough, violent cough, sudden pain when lifting heavy objects, shooting at the waist, sudden changes in body posture (bending, back extension)
- Dry and blue skin.
- Scoliosis, twisted spine.
Usually, patients will notice that after resting and maintaining a calm state, the pain becomes lighter and weaker, and the syndrome worsens when lifting weights or sudden exercises and is confined to the waist area.
Without medical assistance, you may face the following consequences:
- Nervous system disorders, because the displacement of the intervertebral disc will squeeze the nerve roots
- Bone deformity, herniated disc.
- If the fourth lumbar nerve root is deformed, the knee reflex will be difficult.
- With the development of rickets of the waist s, the Achilles tendon reflex and finger bending may weaken or disappear.
The appearance of symptoms of the disease requires a full diagnosis. The procedure of the clinic consists of several stages: First, the expert must figure out the clinical situation, understand the lifestyle, trauma, stress, type of pain syndrome and other points. Visual inspection to check muscle tone, palpation reveals the symmetry of the vertebrae and the distance between them.
If the visual examination does not constitute an objective clinical picture, the doctor may prescribe the following examination types:
- X-rays.The image is executed in 2 projections to determine the state of the spine, detect bone deformation, the destruction of the intervertebral disc and the sealing process.
- MRICheck the condition of blood vessels and annulus.
The disease develops gradually, classified by stage:
- In the first stage, discomfort will occur in the waist area, and pain rarely occurs, usually during physical exercise (weightlifting). X-ray showed slight deformation of bone tissue.
- In the second stage, the annulus fibrosis is destroyed, the distance between the vertebrae is reduced, and the mobility of the vertebrae is restricted. Pain after fatigue and without a plan will become stronger. Usually, patients seek medical attention at this specific stage of the development of rickets.
- If no treatment is given, the third stage occurs. The pain is constant, the vertebrae are severely deformed, and a herniated disc appears.
- In the fourth stage, the spine is strongly bent and movement becomes difficult or impossible. If ignored, disability is usually prescribed.
Treatment of rickets
The therapist will prescribe treatment, which may include:
- Medicine. The doctor prescribes anti-inflammatory drugs in tablet or liquid form for intramuscular injections. In order to restore lumbar and bone intervertebral disc diseases, chondroprotectants are used, and the immune system is supported by adding vitamin B-rich foods to the diet; in severe pain syndromes, blockades are used.
- Exercise therapy. Therapeutic physical exercise can promote blood circulation, strengthen muscle tissue and improve posture.
- Physical therapy (related to the recovery process) for ultraviolet radiation and dynamic current exposure.
- Shockwave therapy helps to eliminate the manifestations of fibrosis.
- Manual therapy restores blood flow and helps relax muscle tissue.
- Reflexology can enhance the therapeutic effect, relieve pain and improve sleep.
- In the final stage of rickets, surgery is used to correct deformities and eliminate intervertebral hernias and complications.
To determine how to treat lumbar osteochondrosis, you need to consult a doctor-in some cases, a combination of techniques must be used to achieve the best results.
Traditional medicine is also allowed, of which the following recipes are the most popular:
- Take 3 lemons, chop them without peeling them, put them in a 1 liter glass jar, and pour boiling water. Adhere to treatment for 5 hours, take 1 tablespoon on an empty stomach in the morning. Need to put the jar in the refrigerator.
- Put a piece of cheese on a cotton cloth, add two drops of vinegar, and make a bandage. It is required to apply the fabric to the waist area for 1. 5-2 hours. Shredded radish (350 g) is grated and mixed with vodka and honey (100 ml and 250 g respectively). The mixture is used to rub the waist area.
- Massage with a cup is also very effective;
- Wear a natural dog hair band throughout the day; remove it before going to bed.
- Pour ordinary lilac flowers into a 0. 5-liter jar, add vodka, close and store in a dry, dark place. After 21 days, the container was taken out, filtered, and consumed 3 times a day before meals. The treatment time is 3 months and the dose is 30 drops.
- Mix Badagu with olive oil (ratio 1 to 30) and rub the mixture on the affected area and cover with a plastic bag and warm woolen cloth.
How to prevent lumbar osteochondrosis?
This disease can be prevented, and the following preventive measures can be taken:
- Limit the load on the spine.
- Controls the metabolic process, and the diet is rich in vitamins, which increases the concern about the state of the endocrine system.
- Through fitness, light exercise, exercise to enhance activity ability and improve monotonous daily activities.
- Wearing orthopedic aids (corset, belt);
- Sports, including swimming.
- The procedure for general body hardening.
Osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine and lumbar spine is manifested in people with severe continuous or irregular pressure on the spine. Acute paroxysmal pain, numbness and other symptoms indicate a problem and treatment should be started as soon as possible. The treatment method is prescribed by a doctor, and these methods are often combined to achieve the therapeutic effect and get rid of the disease the fastest.